My favorite Christmas tradition that I started the first Christmas after I got a divorce is...
Each Christmas, either before or after Christmas, the kiddo and I will go and get a new ornament for our tree. My idea is one day we can get rid of all the balls and just use our special ornaments that we have collected over the years.
Once I got married and my husband and the oldest joined our family, they were added to this tradition as well... so now, every year we get at least 4 new ornaments, if not more.
We are going to Louisiana this year for Christmas, so our new ornaments have been bought already. We won't have time to look before or after, so this works.
Our new 2019 ornaments are:
- Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- 2019 with Jack's face in the 0 from the Nightmare Before Christmas
- A coffee mug with the Friends Logo on it
- A set of 4 Game of Thrones ornaments. Each one has the crest from each house.
- An ornament that says Believe
- An ornament that says I so love us
Those are our new ones. I got a few extra's this year because they were on sale.