Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Road Trip with my husband

His brother was getting married and he asked him to be his best man... How exciting and fun! He lives in Sacramento, California. Flying was out of the question due to how much the tickets were for us to both fly down there. So, we decided to drive! And we started planning and saving for our road trip to California. 

I was pretty excited because I have never ventured out of the state of Washington, so it was a chance for me to see some new places and enjoy the time in the car with my husband.

The day before arrives and we spend the evening packing our bags and getting ready to leave. Our goal was to leave at 5 in the morning... we ended up leaving at 5:45 so not too much later, but at 5:45 we were on the road and headed to Sacramento. 

It was definitely an experience and one that I will never forget. I enjoyed spending the quality time with him as we listened to music, talked for hours about different things, made it through the stressed of our trip... 

We were coming through the Mountain Pass when his car started getting cold. He did a few things to it and we were on the road again... a little bit later we ended up stopping at a gas station to get something to help the car get us to an auto parts store. He thought his thermostat was going out. We finally made it to Yreka, California and we stopped at a NAPA store. We bought the new Thermostat and he was able to borrow tools from the guys in NAPA which was awesome and saved us money. He had a really hard time getting to the part. He spent close to an hour trying to get the old part out to install the new one. A man came to the store to buy something. On his way to his truck he stopped and asked if he needed help. This STRANGER helped him take the part out and install the new part. He also stayed around to make sure it started okay before he left. We offered to pay him, but he wouldn't take anything. His reply was, "I hope one day if my girls are stranded someone will be nice enough to help them, like I am helping you?" This man was sent from God and he is truly our lifesaver of this trip. I will never forget his generosity!

We were delayed 2 hours, but we were on the road again... we got to Sacramento around 7. 15 hours in the car was a bit much, but we had an adventure and even with the stress we did it together and enjoyed each other. We headed straight to the restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. We ate dinner and headed back to our brothers house where we slept for the next few nights. We went to sleep and then woke up the next day and started our running around. 

We had to go to a few stores and get the things we needed for the wedding and then we had to go to the TUX shop so he could try on his tux and make sure everything was good and then we picked up the other tuxes that needed to be picked up. We headed back to the house and got ready. We headed to the wedding location around 2. 

It was a beautiful location. They got married outside and it was decorated very beautifully with flowers... it was a small service and it lasted about 30 minutes or so. After that we headed over to the reception hall... we took a few pictures with the family and then the reception was very beautiful. The decorations were just very elegant. All and all it was a beautiful wedding and we were very blessed to be able to share this moment with his brother and his new wife. 

We left the reception hall around 9 and then headed back to the house to unwind and get some sleep before our long drive in the morning. I got all our stuff packed up and ready to put in the car in the morning and we sat down for a little bit before I started falling asleep.... off to bed we went. 

We got up the next day and headed out. The drive was a nice one. It rained off and on and we made great timing. We got to Portland around 7:30 and we ended up staying in a hotel for the night. We wanted to do something for us and it was nice to be able to sleep before we finished the last part of our trip.

We got up the next morning and went to the mall to go shopping. It was a fun time at a new mall... it was 3 stories and they had a skating rink in the middle of the mall. It was definitely an experience for me. We walked around for a few hours and then headed out... we went to a different part of Portland to look at a store and then have lunch and then we were on the road again... 

We got home around 4 and we were so thankful to be home. What a great experience to enter into Oregon and California with my husband. I got to meet his brother and enjoy his wedding and just a great bonding experience for us both. I will never forget our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment